Saturday, March 19, 2011

Flying / Long John Baldry

Flying /Long John Baldry

Piano intro:
Band enters: D C6 G/B G/Bb

      D
I’m a flying
           C6
'cross the ocean
        G/B
And I’m soaring
     G5/Bb
Back home to the place I was born & raised. You know
Bb      D
that I’m flying
           C6            G/B
Across the mountains and valleys,
     G5/Bb                        
Back home to the one that I love so much.

Break:
    D G/B F Bb F G/B D  


Can ya’ blame me for feeling homesick
I’ve been away such a very long long time

I served once in the county jail
Five years for being hungry tired and poor

Break:

Chorus: (repeat 4 times, gradually building)
D      Dm/F#
On and on
            C/E
Guess I was falling in love
                      D
With your buttons and bows (yeah with your buttons and bows, yeah)

Bridge: Guitar solo jam in D over D C G

Repeat begining up to & including break,
Repeated chorus as a building jam w/ guitar solo in D /Dm

Here's the PDF Piano Intro and Excerpt 

No comments:

Post a Comment